Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /webroot/c/t/ctcsb001/gem-coop/www/wp-content/themes/goodearth/single.php on line 16
Our workshops are open to everyone, most are free and are held upstairs. Please pre-register by stopping by the Member Service Center or giving us a call!
We also welcome suggestions for future topics. If you are interested in hosting a workshop, contact Alicia.
Earth Day Celebration | 04.28.17
Join us for an Earth Day celebration on Friday, April 22!
11am until 2pm in the GEM parking lot (weather permitting)
- Live music by Ed Kemmick & Bob Brown
- Lunch! Wes Henthorne from BBar Ranch will be back serving his local, organic BBQ, accompanied by salad, chips & soda. GEM chefs Vicki & Carina will be cooking up vegetarian sloppy joes.
- Buy product from our local producers.
- Bring your recycling – Earth First Aid will be here again!
- Solar cooking demonstration
- Cori Hart of Northern Plains Resource Council will be speaking on a new local food hub project from 12pm – 1pm.
- Free gardening workshop (1- 2pm) – “Getting Ready for Spring: Cold & Warm Weather Planting” with Yellowstone County Master Gardener Sharon Wetsch. Learn tips and tricks for getting your yard and garden ready for spring, as well as insights on how weather affects your garden.
- Booths from local, earth friendly organization
- …and more!
5:00 – 7:30pm in the GEM parking lot
- Microbrews provided by Red Lodge Ales
- Snacks, dips, and other drinks provided by GEM
- Live music by the String Stretchers
- Lawn games hosted by Red Lodge Ales
Become a member (or renew your membership by Earth Day for a chance to win a GEM gift card!
From now until Earth Day, anyone who becomes a GEM member or who renews their membership before Earth Day (April 22) will have their name entered into a drawing for a $50 GEM gift card.
Membership is a great value for only $10! Benefits include a once-a-month 5% discount, member specials, and a vote and voice at GEM’s meetings, among others. Plus, your commitment supports a locally-controlled food system.
On Earth Day, April 22 at 3pm we will draw for the gift card, and you don’t even have to be present to win. To enter the drawing, your cashier will ask you to fill out a raffle ticket (name & phone) when you renew or join, and it will be entered into the drawing box on the spot.
Thank you for renewing your membership or joining the Co-op for the first time! GEM is the ONLY cooperative, locally owned, full service grocery store in Yellowstone County. GEM offers sustainably grown and organic food and products and its profits are returned to the Billings Community!
blog comments powered by Disqus