- Co-op (34)
- Eat Seasonally (19)
- Good Food (8)
- Green Living (10)
- Kitchen Tips (7)
- Local (19)
- News (33)
- Recipes (18)
- Wellness (20)
Board Notes: It’s our 10 year Anniversary! | 02.09.2016
February is a notable month for GEM – it is the month we moved into the great store we have occupied for TEN YEARS!!!!!! That’s right – TEN YEARS!!!!! On February 19 of 2006 we opened for business – it was a Sunday and it was a cold, cold day outside, but everything was warm and wonderful inside. HAPPY 10 YEARS TO ALL OF US. Looking back over the past 10 years brings to mind:
• The first farm-to-table designated restaurant in Billings. We’ve got the best deli in the region, putting out the best food with the best local ingredients.
• Billings Gazette Reader’s Choice for Best Health Food Store – 5 times!
• Membership in the National Co-operative Grocers Association – helping us save on our wholesale cost of goods.
• Senator Max Baucus working day – the Senator chose GEM for his day of service in the community.
• Senator Jon Tester’s round table meetings upstairs – promoting and supporting local producers.
• Sunday Suppers – GEM started the movement to bring people together over local food prepared by local chefs.
• Earth Day celebrations – come rain or shine, we’re the place to celebrate Earth Day.
• The Farmer’s Market booth – providing a venue for GEM and our local producers to promote each other.
• The Art Walk and the Apple Gallery – we’re so thankful for our relationship with the local arts community.
• The community of loyal co-op shoppers – we are so much more than a grocery store, we are a community of individuals who value our relationships with each other.
• Local producers – we are so fortunate to have great local producers and great local products every day.
• Newsletter advertisers – we appreciate your ongoing support of the Co-op!
written by Carol Beam, GEM’s Board President